Thursday, December 28, 2006

REST IN PC

Could this be the most boring day of the year? I think it must be. To prove it I've devised a formula:

Bloated post-Christmas inertia + back at parents - self-motivation or money = listless ennui + dull pangs of existential angst

To cheer you up, check out DeathSpace (strapline="MySpace doesn't end at death") a pointless but morbidly intriguing online resource compiling a list of MySpace users who've passed on from this world. Their profile pages freeze-framed forever at a moment just before their untimely deaths, their unfortunate legacy is destined to be a series of trite epitaphs posted by friends. Here are some of my personal favourites:

"Dude, so sorry to hear about your accident. It really sucks. RIP"
"Hopefully you can access MySpace in heaven"
"I feel so privileged to make your final top 8"
"Tell me in a dream how God is. I always wanted to know"
"Six months and I still can't believe you're gone. Gutting"
"You look so hot in that pic. Such a waste"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lasted three days at my parents before fleeing back to Salford grinding my teeth with frustration. It had been a bit of a nothing few days media wise until I found out the Iraqi government were about to make Saddam eligible for his very own MYDEATHSPACE page. I stayed up till 3:00am waiting for him to cark it and the minute I kill the lights, light the incense and put on the "sweetdreams" Portishead album can you guess what happens? I guess someone up there just doesn't like me very much.......................

Darren said...

I can't believe the BBC wussed out of showing the actual execution! That would have been a real watershed TV moment, the first snuff movie broadcast on national TV. I guess someone will post it on YouTube before too long.

j said...

BBC wussing out may have been the wiser choice considering the copycat suicides. So far, three kids have died. The link is as follows: http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/04/saddam_hanging_video.html

j said...
This comment has been removed by the author.