Wednesday, November 09, 2005

TROUBLED DREAMS

By a strange coincidence, two of my favourite mordant misanthropists, Bret Easton Ellis and Michel Houellebecq, have published their new novels within a week of each other... Both authors appear to have been operating under the law of diminishing returns since their definitive novels ('Less Than Zero' and 'Atomised' respectively...) so fingers crossed they've bucked the trend. I picked up both books yesterday, anyway: Lunar Park is already giving me nightmares...

2 comments:

the ink slinger said...

It's not my day.

I thought Bonfire Of The Vanities was a gleaming book.

But then I think Razorlight are a good band who write good songs and can play their instruments, so I must be a lost cause.

Darren said...

Er, would that be Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe? And you're wrong about Razorlight too I'm afraid. A whole new world of shite.