Friday, February 17, 2006

GUILTY PLEASURES

Ever find yourself feeling smugly self-satisfied about what unimpeachably great taste you have in music? I do. Quite a bit in fact. So it came as something of a shock last night when loading up my iPod Nano with some of my favourite songs in anticipation of my two-week holiday to discover that many of them are actually irredeemably naff, to the extent that they can’t even be passed off as a kitsch indulgence or hil-arious ironic joke. Some choice examples below:

Bright Eyes – Art Garfunkel
Goodbye – Spice Girls
Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper
Going Home (Theme from Local Hero) – Mark Knopfler
Still the One – Shania Twain
The Last Unicorn – America
At the River – Groove Armada
November Rain – Guns ‘n’ Roses
The Miss Saigon soundtrack

Your own guilty pleasures gratefully received, if only to make me feel a bit better about confessing to the above…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're In Trouble - Shampoo.